Consumerism

  

Did you survive Black Friday? I did. The only thing I bought yesterday was a dryer because mine died. That's the only reason I was in any store at all. I do not like Black Friday kind of shopping. There is nothing I really need that I would do some of things people do to get somethings. I waited till later in the day to make my purchase.
But it is really sad when you think about it. To live we must always be buying something or people look at you funny. I've got a saying I made up."To live you must profit from others, at the expense of others."
Allot of people really don't care what it takes to get what they want just as long as they get what they think they need to be just like everyone else. It's a sad life we lead.
  
This is something most people would never consider. To me bigger and more expensive things will not make me a more important person.

I'll just look like a big sucker so to speak.

I wonder when this extreme spending became such a focus for us? More, is not going to make you a more popular person. Brand names do not make you one either, especially if everyone else has them too.
Maybe we are just stuck on bragging rights." I have all this stuff, what do you have?", kind of thing.
Life as we know it has become very sad.
I for one do not plan on spending allot this year because I see no need. Plus the husband will be having surgery soon so I have to be on the conservative side anyway. 
Here's somethings I found that say it all to me anyway about what we have become.
  
  
   
  
  
  
  

  
I know if we stop shopping and start thinking no one will have any jobs anymore because people are not buying all the time.

Well that's my ponder for now.
Till next time keep on pondering the pondering possibilities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake