Over sharing


Do you ever feel like we have become a society that has to over share everything?
You have Facebook and Twitter where some people seam to have to put everything on it. Most of these things are things that people would never have felt like sharing before these sites became the place to visit.
Before you ask, yes I do have a Facebook account. But I don't share my boring day to day things there. I do not feel the need to tell everyone my comings and goings. I don't feel the need to share pictures that would only be for a few private people to see in person.
As for Twitter, no I do not have an account. Nor do I feel the need to have one. That is the place for way to much over sharing.
What happen to the days where before this kind of connection  existed, we actually physically got together with people to talk or just hang out? Will we ever have those kind of days again?

When I look around today most of the people you see walking down the street or standing somewhere always have their head down looking at the thing in their hand not paying any attention to what is going on around them. To me this is so sad. We have become a world that is so afraid of what is right in front of us that we have to shut ourselves off from the reality around us and focus on a world that is really kind of small.
Communication has become so much more complicated. Even when someone posts something there are always people, who we think are a close friend but in reality they think you are just someone to laugh at.
People worry so much about bullying and how bad it's gotten. In my opinion these things have made it allot harder to cope with life for some people.
 Some people use these things as if it was a diary. They complain when they see or hear other people, who they didn't want to know something, talking about it. When this happens more trouble starts because they feel that this person has no right to be talking about them. So they start a kind of war with someone they more then likely don't even really know over some thing they themselves started.
I say if you don't want the whole world to know something but have a need to write it down, get a note book and write it there. Nothing is private on the internet no matter what you think.

Well that's my ponder for the day. Do you think I'm over sharing?

Till next time, keep on pondering the pondering possibilities.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake