Pondering the Tornado's

Watching the news lately and seeing all the destruction from the tornadoes is almost unbelievable. Such heart break. We in Wisconsin have not been without our damage too.


This is a picture from the one that struck Merrill WI about a week before Easter. No one was killed but it is bad enough.
The husband and I  were over in this area the day before it happened to an auction. That day was so cold I brought two different coats with me and my winter boots if my feet got cold, which they did. The next day was almost like getting thrown straight from winter into summer. The weather has been so strange around here I'm never sure what season it is anymore. Anyway, we had warning that this could happen, sever weather I mean.
When the bad stuff started rolling in for some reason the wind here was calm, almost too calm. We got rain and hail about the size of a quarter. But then a few mile to east it was windy and Merrill is about 30 some miles east of here. So I guess you can say we are lucky.
But the people in the southern states are living one of the worst nightmare anyone should have to go through.





There whole towns were totally wiped off the map. Hundreds have lost their lives. So many will now have the hardest time trying to put their lives back together. How many of these people will be able to rebuild in this kind of economy?
Just another thing that makes the future look that much more bleak.

One weird thing about all of this is I had just read The Last Olympian.( Research for my future as a writer someday, maybe). In this book there is a final battle between the Gods and the Titans. They are battling  across the country to New York. As human we do not see them through the mist that hides the truth. Instead we see it as bad weather.
Since I just got done with this book it was like it was really happening. Weird, right? Just thought I'd mention it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake