Pondering The Georgia Guidestones

A while ago a saw a program on the History channel and they were talking about the Georgia Guidestones. I'm not sure it I ever heard of them before but I do now.
It lists 10 guidelines or principles that humanity should find ways to follow.
It is in 8 different languages. They are: English, Spanish, Swahili, Hindi, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, and Russian.

Here are the guildelines:
1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2. Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity.
3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
4. Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.
5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8. Balance personal rights with social duties. 
9. Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.
10. Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature.

To me these ideas make allot of sense. But allot of other people get very upset with the idea of reducing the human population by so much. 
To me it just says it should goals that we should try to aim for over time not this split second. Could you imagine trying to decide who must go right now and who should not? 
I think what it is trying to say is that we have to find ways to control our populations or Mother Nature will find the cruelest way possible to do it for us.
These changes should happen over many, many generations. 
Mother Nature could do it with disease or natural disasters. Kind of what is happening more and more lately. 
More and more people are protesting their leaderships because they are feeling used and unappreciated by the rich, who are only getting richer. While everyone else is struggling more and more to supply just the basics for their families. 
But then here is Wisconsin they are protesting to be able to keep their way of life just the way it is for people who work for the government. 
I know I'm going to sound like a whiner or unfortunately like a Tea party person, which I'm not. But all of those public workers that have unions get payed allot more then me. In my household we have had to cut back on things because the husband has had pay cuts over the last few years.And there was nothing he could do about it. But I'm not a fan of unions either. 
You have to pay money into unions to help you but allot of times they just take your money and tell you when you should demand more. But then allot of time they protect the wrong people who are not good workers to begin with. The unions top people still get richer while the people they represent get poorer because they want their dues no matter what. 
 But these kind of things are only going to continue and get worse as time goes by. Everyone wants solution right away. We are a very impatient being. Always in a hurry. 
Maybe it will take a global disaster to get us to change our ways.
If only we could find away to live in harmony with nature in a very peaceful way.
But I'm afraid I will not see any on the guidelines followed during my life time. 
All I see is more fighting, more negative energy being put out into the universe.
Harmony is what I would like to try and find during the rest of my life.
So wish me luck. I think I'll need it.
I just have to remember:
Positive energy, positive results.
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake