Spring has Sprung, I think

Yesterday was the first day of spring, but the temps were telling me different. I did see allot of robins hopping around, so they are back. There is an old wives tale that says, before it will stay warm it has to snow on the robins three times. If that's true it will have to snow here two more times because the ground is now white once again. It is suppose to warm up to almost 50 or so today, so the snow should be gone by tonight. When it snows like that it makes things that more sloppy.

The other day the husband went to a place where they sell livestock and come home with two calves. They are not newly born, they are a little older then that. He was going to call them Norman and Norbert but the oldest one said we can't do that because we already had a Norman. That was years ago. The reason we might call him Norman is because he is a Jersey, like the one that was on City Slickers. I'm still trying to figure out how a Jersey calf came out of a beef cow like that.
I want to get a picture of them and post it maybe sometime today or tomorrow.
The husband has noticed the turkeys are starting to come around again. As soon as they come close enough for a picture I will post that also. They should be coming to the bird feeders to look for seeds. Soon the tom turkeys will starting to court the hens. That is one picture I hope to someday get, a tom turkey in full strut close to the house.

I'm going to go have my breakfast. I might post more later today or tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake