Just Friday

I usually don't write on a Friday but I have the day off. It was a voluntary day. I could have worked if I wanted to work on the line but I just needed to have a three day weekend for once. If it is the same next Friday I will work no matter what. It is slow for this time of year. But it does happen from time to time. Other factories are also slow around here. It's hard everywhere. I'm just hoping things will start turning around for the whole country soon. But I know it will more long months then people have patients for.

Anyway last Sunday before I went to the baby shower this is what we saw out the window.



They would have been there longer but the oldest one decided at that moment to go out side and feed something to the dog. There were about a dozen of them. They still show up from time to time. I just wonder how much I'll see them this winter.



Here a couple of pictures from the shower.

This Baby Shower sign was the only thing telling you it was a Baby Shower.


And this was the cake.
I did meet a very interesting person while at the shower. Her name is Paulina Carver.
It turns out she was looking for a place to stay for awhile. I asked her if she would like to stay with me for awhile.
"Well," she asked, "Tell me about yourself before I decided."
This is what I told her.
" I'm married to the same man for almost 26 years. I work for a place where we package cheese for other companies. I've been there for over 28 years. The husband works for one of the window factories in town. He has been there for over 20 years. We have two daughters, 23 and 20. The oldest one still lives at home and recently started working at the same place I do except 2nd shift. The youngest one lives over in Mosinee and works in Wausau.
We have three cats and one dog in the house, one dog out side and two horses.
We live about three miles outside of town."
After a few minutes she decided that it might be the kind of adventure she has been looking for.
So the adventures of Paulina with me has begun.
From time to time I will post pictures of Paulina's life with me.

Thought of the day:
"Never drop anything on the street that you wouldn't drop on your carpet."

Comments

What a marvelous adventure. :D Super post and photos!!! We have wild turkeys too and I love seeing them in the yard. They'll come more when we begin feeding the birds. What would winter be without the fowl action outside. :D

Blessings! JJ
Sandy said…
I'm glad you like the pictures. These turkeys have been coming around all fall. They were here yesterday when I was done posting this post. I'll try to post more pictures of them and other creatures who come visiting.

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake