January 1, 2016

Another year is here. How was 2015 for you? Mine was really not to bad. My youngest daughter was married. The rest of the year was fairly calm for, compared to how a lot of people's lives.
Before I get into any pondering's let me show you the swing from today.

I was thinking about having the pit going when I took the picture but it was early and we had plans to go somewhere, which we did, so You'll just have to settle with a non fire pit burning kind of picture for the first of the year.
Now here is the one from last year:
Well we did have more snow last year.

Now here is the project I did get done for Christmas:

It's not from the book. My son-in-law saw something like it on "The Big Theory". So my daughter asked me if I could make one. It's a tissue cover. I guess it's something a geek or a fan of the Rubix  cube would like to have.
 
As for how my holidays were well, it could have been better. I had a bad attitude for the time leading up to it. I don't know why. I was telling people I was Ebenezer Grinch. That's how bad I felt. The main thing that was making me feel this way was the work hours they wanted us to work. I know I shouldn't  have gotten so bent out of shape about it. But I think I'll blame it on that thing called menopause. Lets just say extra early hours and the change are not a good mix in me. Just a warning to all who might cross my path at such a time. Duck and cover.

Well this last year had a lot of things to put burs under many different peoples saddle. 
Like politicians. 
With this being an election year we won't be able to get away from any of it. The choices are not good. I want you to really think about who we will elect to represent us to the world. 

Image result for trump
Here it looks like he is giving the finger. Do you really want a hot head like this who will do nothing but tick off the rest of the world? Shot first, never explain. Can dish it out, but can't take it. In my book the average everyday person who is just trying the best they can to make ends meet will get the raw end of every idea that comes out of this guy's head.

 Image result for hillary clinton
As much as I want to see a woman president, I don't know if she is the right one. To many questions. Or are they the same issues that other politicians always have but hers are just being more exposed by the old boys club because they don't want to have to answer to a woman.

 Image result for bernie sanders
I'm not sure about this guy either. He might be on the old side. He could die in office. If he got in, he better pick a really good vice president.

Image result for republican candidates as of today

I'm not even sure which ones are still in the race. But what I've seen no one looks good.

Enough of that subject. How about Mother Nature?
She really did a number on us last year. I wonder what she has in store for us this year.
Image result for mother nature

Well it might explain a few things. Or maybe it's my fault. You never know. In that case, it's time for people to start bowing at my feet. 

Some of the things that were front and center this last year.
That kid they were calling the "Affluenza" kid. Really? The person who came up with that defense should dig themselves a hole and never come out. And the kids mother? Now that is one piece of work herself. They all represent all that average people see in the rich people. Spoiled brats that think they are above the law. The same laws we have to abide by goes for all no matter how rich you are. What color your skin is. What religion you are.You did the crime, you all do the exact same time. No questions asked.
 
I know race was another thing that was front and center. It feels like we keep going backwards when it comes to not seeing what someone looks like. Judging by what they look like rather then who they are as a person. An individual. 
There are legit reasons for their feelings, don't get me wrong. But know some have done somethings wrong to put themselves in some of these spot lights. I know there are a number of bad cops who got into police work for all the wrong reasons. There is no excuse for them. Police departments should own up to their parts. Don't hide it.  
I would like to see people teaching their children that someone else's choices are not their future until they make it theirs. 

Well that's about all I have for you this time. 
I hope 2016 is a better year. But we'll see. 
I will stop promising to post more often. I do have my other blog," Dear Howard, A Fading History". Which I do post twice a week. I'll be spending most of my time there for almost another three years. That's how many letters I have to share from the 1920's and early 1930's. Check it out sometime.
Till next time.
Keep on pondering the pondering possibilities.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake