Class Reunions

Class reunion, to go or not to go. That is the question. My answer is not. 
I've been out of school for 35 years. I never fit in with the class of 1980 then and I still don't now. I still live in the same town, as do many I graduated with. I don't see many of them, as our paths rarely cross. When they do, it's very uncomfortable. I don't know how they see me. I often wonder do they see me as I am now or are they still thinking of me as I was. I guess when you see someone from the past you don't really judge them with new eyes but by old memories.
Some will be able to see the older you but others are still looking at you with past ideas of who they thought you were then.
Unfortunately there are a lot in my class that still judge people with old memories.
I found a saying recently that I like.
"Never waste your
time trying to
explain who you are
to people who are
committed to
misunderstanding you."

I do waste a lot of my time trying to tell people who I am now. Most I can see by their actions are still set in their old beliefs about me.
We are all different then we used to be. At least I hope so. Some are better then they used to be but others are more bitter and judgmental for different reasons I guess. 
When they feel the urge to make themselves feel more superior they find someone that they can make fun of. Some times it's a person from the past. 
I would like to be seen as a new acquaintance rather then an old target.
Some people only go to reunions to dig up dirt on others. They will talk to you for a bit then go back to their old friends and tear you apart between themselves. Just like old times.  
So going to a big get together with the class of 1980, is not in my plans.. I wouldn't mind or maybe even turn down meeting some say for a cup of tea, for me please. A chat one on one to show each other who we are without the influence of others would be more my style.
I will admit I never was a social butterfly.
I am still on the quiet side until I get comfortable. But once I relax I can be very entertaining. I do like to tell a story or two from time to time.
If we, the husband and I, get the fire pit area done sometime soon maybe I could invite a person or two to drop by for what my Dad likes to call, "Campfire therapy".


Before I go here is a video I took in the back yard during the last full moon.
They know how to have fun.
This was Fred being left with a fawn while the mom runs off. But before I started taping the mom and baby were kicking up their heels like they were bucking broncos.
Well that's my ponder for today.
Till next time.
Keep on pondering the pondering possibilities.
     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake