Family Issues


It's cold outside! Right now it's about 6 below and it's suppose to stay around zero all day. Brrrrr. I guess it will be a day to stay inside and get things ready for Christmas. Baking cookies, writing out the cards (I know I'm a little late), wrap a few more presents, watch a little TV, do a little house work, that kind of stuff. I'm not sure how much snow we got last night it's still dark outside. The more snow we get the happier the people who have snowmobiles will be. I for one do not snowmobile. We do have one but we barely use it.

It's been such weird weather in different places so far. Like snow in Vegas. My older sisters son lives there and right now he is here. It snowed there after he left. Maybe he will get lucky and there will be more snow for him there when he gets back. It will be like he never left here, except for the lights on the strip and allot more people to deal with. He has to go back on Christmas eve. He plans on having Christmas with his partners family. His partner is here too. He is originally from California so he's not use to this kind of weather.

As for me and the holidays, I kind of wish they were over with. Family is sometimes the hardest people to be around. Take my in-laws, please. They have their get together on Christmas Eve. The only thing I always hate is they don't start doing things till around 10 o'clock pm. I hated this when my girls were little and I still hate it. But to tell you the truth I have not gone to her house in a long time for Christmas. Some of them make me very uncomfortable. The mother-in-law for one. So to make my night and their night a little less stressful I stay home. There will still be stress there among themselves. One family gathers together in their own little group on one side of the room and glares at the others on the other side. It's really kind of funny watching them. Sometimes I think the only reason they show up is for the presents. The Mother-in-law always over does it with the gifts to the point they all expect lots of things from her. I never feel right with what I get because to me they are obligation gifts and not because she really wants to give me anything. I plan on staying home again this year. But there are times the writer in me would just like to go and watch for things to write about. But it's still too late for me.

Now for my family. There are allot of times I don't feel right around them either. The older sister likes to live life in a state of denial and maybe insecurity. Like last week at work, yes we work at the same place, she told me my oldest one has been getting on her daughters nerves at work lately, they both work at the same place we do except on second shift. I told my daughter what she said and she has decided she will not be talking to or hanging around her cousin anymore. I'm just trying to figure out what triggered this all of a sudden. But the look on my sisters face when she was telling me these things was telling me to be aware. It was a look that was telling me she thought my daughter is too weird for some reason. All I will say is, she should be one to talk. If she wants me to stay away from her I have no problem doing that.
My younger sister is usually in her own little world too. One thing that I did not like a couple of months ago is that she decided to buy some hair coloring for me. Why? Because of my gray hair. It's not allot. But apparently she and my other sister think I should cover up my gray hair. But I told them I plan on letting nature takes it's course. I will not get into the habit of dyeing my hair. I don't perm my hair because I have nature body and I don't like the idea of putting chemicals like that on my head. My older sister says she does it a couple of times a year and it looks like it. Two toned hair. Sorry but I will be me not them.
The brother, well he lives in Missouri, so he's not around very much. He has his own issues so he does not bother me.
I think I will try to take more notes about family things maybe I can spin them into something more interesting or amaze someone about people I know.

Thought of the day:
"Stick to your guns, don't fire them off."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake