It's time to settle down

I know everyone is on edge about everything. We are dealing with so much right now. More then we should. An out of control virus. People creating more unrest. People destroying things just because they can. When it is going to stop.
I try not to watch to much news because I usually end up yelling at the TV. It's bad enough when President Dweeb is doing and saying things that set me off. But now I have to see and hear about people protesting in the most violent way possible. I know a man was murdered by a policeman. I saw the video. It was murder. He has been arrested and charged. But how does destroying innocent peoples businesses change the fact a man is dead? How does stealing things from stores in violent ways make things better? How does spreading more fear and unrest help in anyway?
I really don't know how any of these people are really going to live with themselves knowing the part they played in the direction we are going in. I see it this way. The country is going in a direction that is going to be very hard to come back from. This is no longer the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave. This is the the Land of Big Division. And it is getting bigger by the day. 
I guess my dream of living in a place where people respect one another is as dead as it can get. 
I've never lived in a big city. I've visited a few. I have been to Minneapolis a few times. But I think after this, I may never go again. I know It's not just there it's everywhere. So I guess no more big cities for me.
I like this one picture I saw on Facebook. 
  Occupy Democrats - BRAVO! Amish folks protesting for justice for ...
Now this is how you protest.

Protesters descend on the streets of Minneapolis for a second ...
Protesting the other way.
Not good for anyone.

I like to look at it this way:
The people that are doing these very destructive things now have to live with all the bad karma comes along with what they have done. They may not pay for it now. But somewhere in the future they will pay for what they have done. Bad karma is a very, very heavy thing to have hanging over your head. I really hope it was worth it. 
For me, I know not to cause harm to anyone like that. Because I believe in the saying:
"Whatever you put out in the world comes back at you three times."

Maybe we should look at the Amish ways. And think about being more peaceful and thoughtful of others. 
It does not matter what you look like, it's how you present yourself to the world that will determine how you will be looked at. 
I don't care what someone looks like. You can be dark skinned, light skinned, big eyes, little eyes, tall, short, skinny, fat, or even purple with pink polka dots. If you have a sucky personality, I don't want to be around you. 

Well, that's all I have to ponder today.
So till next time.
Keep on pondering the pondering possibilities. 
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake