July 2018

It's July 1st, Sunday morning. The house is quiet. The husband is still sleeping. The sun will shine a bit today. It did rain last night after a couple of days of temps in the 90's. Which was too hot for me. 
I was on vacation this last week. We went hiking a couple of times.
I guess I'll show you a few of pictures from those hikes.

Along the trail from time to time are benches. Some have dedications on them, some don't.
 Not sure what this shack was for. Maybe it was an outhouse, or a hunting shack or someone suggested a North woods Tardis. What do you think?
 This is a map of the trail we have been following going East. 
We had been going west but the husband needed to be closer because he was baling hay. 
Not sure where we will hike the next time. We might continue going East or maybe taking the trail West. It all depends on the mood and the weather.
That's about all I did this last week.

July, for me is going to be starting out not the way I want it to.
For one thing tomorrow, Monday morning, I have to start work 2 hours earlier. Which means I have to get up 2 hours earlier. Which is for me about 2:10 am. That sucks to the max. The hardest part when this happens is trying to get to sleep tonight. You worry about so much. Like, do I have the alarm set? Will I be able to fall asleep? Why am I not falling asleep?  I can't fall asleep when it is still so light outside. My brain will not shut off. I'll try to tell myself to relax but my brain wants to go a hundred miles an hour about everything.
That's just trying to fall asleep.
Once up I have to try and not focus on the clock to much. If I look at the time too much it will sink in how early it is. Just another reason why Mondays can suck. With my luck they will do it again next Monday too. The part that always makes me shake my head is, when they do start early half the lines won't run right for those early two hours, so in my book nothing is really gained. But I don't run the place, I'm just a lowly worker.
I will live through it, I hope.

I suppose I should ponder somethings.
I came up with some good pondering thoughts while I was hiking. But once home, they flew out of my head. 
So let me think right now......
The world is a mess, everywhere.
Not many are happy with the way things are going.
Choices we made years ago are making bigger messes today.
Choices we are making today are messing up our future in ways that will be even harder to fix as time goes by.
Will the next generation be able to see things beyond their hands?
Is there something that happened in your past that you wish you would have chosen differently, that could have lead you down a different path in life?
Is it really too late to fix things?
Why do so many have the need to end someone else's life because they didn't get their way?
What is this need in so many to control another person against their will?
 Will we ever start to see the signs Mother nature is giving us and show her the respect she deserves?

Well, that's all I can think of right now.
I keep saying I will carry a notebook with me at all times to write little notes to remind me of things I want to say. Maybe this is the month I will start.
So for now I will say:
Keep on pondering the pondering possibilities. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake