Just Pondering, Again

I know you were expecting me to post on the first. Well, the only excuse I can give you is....I was not in the mood. I think my posts here are going to be a lot more random. I will say within a couple of months I will be done with the letters on Dear Howard, A Fading History. 
I might start spending more time here pondering things. Time will tell.
As for other things going on in my life.
I have not been able to start my hiking adventure yet this year. The husband is still not able to. And he doesn't want me out in the woods by myself. I'm still hoping maybe next weekend we might be able to give a short hike a try or at least take walks down the road.
I've tried to tell him he could drop me off at one spot and pick me up at the other end but he is not going for it. He enjoys these hikes to and wants to see what I see at the same time. 
Well enough about hiking.
I do have a couple of pondering things to bring up.

One question I've been asking people lately is,
 "How do you supervise over a job you have never done?"
Say you have been doing a job for a long time and some new person, who has never done what you are doing is hired to tell you what to do. They tell you what should be done but have no clue how it is done. Tempers fly, you are made to feel like you are in the wrong. You do it their way and it fails. But they keep insisting to what they say. It fails again. 
Maybe people should step back and have them show you how it should be done.
Nine times out of ten they will refuse because they know they really can't do it. They are the boss. Bosses don't do the work they just tell others to do it.
That's why so many things are so messed up everywhere. People who start at the top have no idea how things are really done. They just have to be right.
I watched some Dr. Phil the other day. I usually don't. Anyway I was kind of paying attention but just watching it  was hard for me to believe this girl is real. The girl is 15 lives in Beverly Hills. She was upset that her mother was cutting her monthly allowance from 5 thousand down to 1 thousand. She could not live on that. 
Looking at the mother and the daughter was hard for to believe they are real. The girl says she needs to maintain the lifestyle she is use to. 
I guess I come from a world where entitlement is not apart of it. 
It was a mess to watch. Dr. Phil says she should get a job.She only wants a job where she can start at the top. That's what is wrong with so many places. They hire top people with this same entitlement attitude to tell the real people with the real knowledge what to do. They think if it looks good on paper and works on a computer simulation to has to work. 
What will it take for the top to see that knowledge and experience is what makes things run so much better?
That is my main ponder for the day.

Here is what else I know about today:
Image result for naked gardening day


 Image result for naked gardening day
I do collect gnomes. 
Maybe someday I will find this little guy and add him to my collection.

I did ask some people yesterday if they were going to to participate. 
They all said no.
My sister said she didn't want to get bit by mosquitoes.
One person didn't want to get sun burned.
I know you are asking if I will be participating.
I have not decided yet. Maybe I'll just water my house plants in the nude. I do have a few very nosy neighbors.

Well that's all I have to ponder today.
All I can say now is:
Keep on pondering the pondering possibilities.
    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake