March 2017

It's almost hard to believe that two months have gone by. I don't know if it feels like time is going faster because I'm getting older or it things are just happening that much faster.
The last month for me personally was just the same old same old.
But I did learn a classmate of mine passed away.
We were never friends. In fact, he was one of the first ones that made my school days very miserable.
Looking back on way things turned out the way they did, I kind of wish things had been different between us. He had always been on my mind when he shouldn't have been. I think that if things had been different we could have been friends and the future would have been different for both of us. But dumb me missed a last chance to see him at our last class reunion back in 2015. Now I will forever live with that regret.
If I could send  him a message now I would say:
Peter Keuer:
To the boy I knew, 
and to the man I wish I had known,
you will forever be in my heart.

Anyway, this has made me more determined to stop putting off things or dreaming of things. I plan to start a great adventure soon.
It's still in the planning stage. I've been gathering information and things I will need to do it.
What is my great plan?
I'm going to start hiking the Ice Age Trail through Wisconsin.
It's a trail that is over 1200 miles long.
I plan on doing it my way.
Because I work during the week, I can only right now plan day hikes on the weekends, weather permitting of course.
I want to start around May. Hopefully there will not be any snow on the ground. 
I will start at a point closest to where I live and then work my way west. Once I get to the west side of the state I will come back to where I started and work my way east till I reach the east end. It will take me years to do this but I plan on recording my adventure and maybe sharing it with you from time to time.
Right now I'm looking for friends who will be willing to hike with me from time to time if the husband can't. He does not want me hiking alone.

I did manage to get one more project done. Well actually it's two:

  A couple of baskets that would be perfect for Easter sometime.

I have to get myself in gear and start the next one. So I may have one done by next time or not.

As for the swing, here is one I from today;
It was snowing when I took this. i think we may have gotten a few inches.
About a week ago there was no snow on the ground.i think Mother nature wanted to give all four seasons in one week.
Here is a picture of the swing back in 2014:
Now that was a year where winter didn't want to let go.


Now I suppose I better do a little pondering.
Well, I don't know what I can say about things that are going on in the rest of the world.
President Dweeb, is just behaving like all so called reality stars. Nothing ever makes sense that comes out of his mouth. All I hear is, "Look at me! I'm in your face anytime I want to be!"
He is just a big business man trying to make changes like all big business people do. It's all about their bottom line.
I've seen the changes that has happened where I work. It has grown a lot over the 37 years I've been there. I've had to put up with a lot of changes. Trying to get the most product out in the least amount of time with the least amount of people to do it. Believe me there is a lot more reworking of things because they are always trying to push things faster then it should be done. But it's not just there, it's all big businesses. Look at all the big recalls you hear about all the time. As long as they are always trying to use so much more automation, things everywhere will continue to decline in quality.
As for all those people that are protesting, it's time to stop and get a helpful job or go back to your real job. And if that is your real job I hope it has good benefits.

Well I can think of a lot more to say but I things to do.
I'll try to maybe write more next time.
So till next time,
Keep on pondering the pondering possibilities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake