November 1, 2015

It's the beginning of another month. October has come and gone. It's been an interesting month for many in different places. The weather around here has been on the warmish side. But we did have one day this last week where I awoke to snow covering the ground. But by the time I got out of work it was gone. The start of this week is going to be on the warm side for November. It's suppose to almost or around 60 degrees at the beginning of the week.
Before I forget I will show you the picture of the swing I just took.

The grass for this time of year around here is still green. Leaves are off most of the trees which is the way it's suppose to be. 
Now the way it looked last year.

It was frosty last year at this time. So as you can see each year can be very different. Plus I think last year's picture was taken in the morning and this year was taken after three in the afternoon.

Would you believe I actually got a plastic canvas project done.
It's the top for a wind chime. Now I just have to get the chimes to attach to it. It could be hung in a window.


Well I suppose I should ponder something.
I could do politics, but I am tired of the whole thing. It will not matter who gets in charge the average person will be screwed no matter what.
The weather. There is nothing you can do about it. We just have to learn all over again how to read the signs better. 
Oh, I just thought of a ponder.
How about the number of commercials that are shown during a show? 
The number of commercials shown are getting to the point where there will be more adds then actual program. An hour show is really only about 35 to 39 minutes once the commercials are taken out. And a half hour show is maybe 20 minutes. If the amount of program is so short then how come the people who act on  a lot of the more popular programs are paid so much when they really are preforming less?
I know what's my problem. There are a number of different things I could do to eliminate that problem. I could Tivo  what I want to watch. I do that with a few of the things that are on when I have something else to do. I could wait for a whole season to be put out and binge watch. That does not work for me. I can't sit and spend hours just watching one show. After awhile I think I would become numb from watching that much TV in one sitting.
One other thing about some commercials. The way they advertise food late at night. And they wonder why so many people are over weight. Here is an example:
Last Sunday I was watching the show "Last Man on Earth". As I was watching I realized that almost all the adds were for different restaurants serving heavy kind of food like ribs, burgers with bacon, that kind of stuff. On the show two of the characters found a freezer full of bacon and where eating as much of it as possible. I will say while watching this show between them eating bacon and the commercials for eating late night fatty food, I got hungry. I don't like to eat that time of night and to have so much food being shown to me did not make it easy for me. I didn't eat anything because of it because I like to say I have strong will power not to eat that time of night. But a lot of people can't say that.  
I guess maybe there should be an ex-claimer shown before each show warning that the commercials could cause you to crave the wrong food. Kidding. That would never happen. They say well that they have to pay all the people it takes to put on a program so how. 
Oh, one more beef on the subject of commercials. When watching a program I hate it when you see the same commercial over and over again. Sometimes one after another.Why? Once is enough isn't it? Or do they think that we have a short memory and have to beat it into out heads by over doing it. 
Oh, how about all the adds for drugs.I think it just proves we are a nation of drug addicts. I drug will fix everything or will kill you in the process. 

Well it's getting late, so I better go.
Till next time.
Keep on pondering the pondering possibilities.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jean Viken Cold Case

Jean Viken update and other local things.

Pondering Japan's Earthquake